PC-based Terminal Emulation for Host Connectivity to Legacy Applications
Rogue Wave® HostAccess offers a suite of terminal emulation products that provide Windows™ users with secure access to legacy, host-based applications. It also has the ability to enhance the interface of existing applications with toolbars, mouse support, push buttons, combo boxes, check boxes, radio buttons, ActiveX™ controls, COM objects, and includes the powerful AutoGUI feature.
The benefits of using HostAccess for terminal emulation include:
- Increased user productivity by providing the ability to perform multiple tasks
- Standardization on one terminal emulation solution
- Point-and-click report production and host data integration with Windows™ applications
- Multiple concurrent connections within one integrated environment
- Reduced software administration time and costs
HostAccess terminal emulation includes asynchronous/synchronous connections, server-based administration, concurrent users, and multiple session access, all in a single package.
Technical functionality includes:
- Support of over 30 different terminal emulations, including IBM 3270, DEC VT series, Wyse 50/60, SCO ANSI, Data General DG216, MDIS Prism 8/9
- Support of Windows 9x/NT4/2000/XP/Vista/Server 2003/Server 2003 R2/Windows 7/Server 2008 and Server 2008 R2 platforms.
- Support for SSH & SSL secure network protocols
- Support for Rocket Software UniVerse™ and UniData™ Device Licensing
- Support of FTP, Kermit, X/Y/Z Modem, Inter-Session and IND$FILE file transfer protocols
- Graphical keyboard mapping
- Full GUI capabilities
- Fully-integrated macro language