What's new with TotalView for HPC
Delivering safe, robust code requires tools that help identify potential issues early, fit cleanly into development environments, and minimize impact on delivery times. The new TotalView for HPC delivers unbeatable platform, language, and compiler support for applications.
TotalView for HPC now supports GNU DebugFission Split DWARF on Linux
- Split DWARF
- Shrinks the space required to store DWARF debug information
- Speeds-up application link times
- Reduces system memory and I/O requirements
- Speeds-up debugger startup
- For details on how Split DWARF works please refer to the TotalView What’s New doc
New UI additions
ReplayEngine, our debug session recording engine, now supports bookmarks so users can jump to a specific spot in time.
Early access to mixed language debugging with Python and C/C++
- Integrated stack frame
- Show both language files
- Integrated view of data
- Hiding of glue code for SWIG
For more details please refer to the TotalView release notes.