What's New in HostAccess® for Terminal Emulation
What's New: HostAccess 7.40j
HostAccess 7.40j contains several updates including the certification of new platforms, bug fixes and the following new features and enhancements:
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 support: HostAccess 7.40j is now supported on the Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 platforms.
- PIX.WIN.DISPLAY.IMAGE extended image support: Extended PIX.WIN.DISPLAY.IMAGE to provide support for JPG, BMP, PNG, GIF, ICO, WMF, EMF, TIFF image types. HostAccess now uses the 'Windows Picture and Fax Viewer' when loading these image types.
- TCP_NODELAY option: TCP_NODELAY is now provided as an option for all socket protocols. This option improves performance when using the SSL protocols.
- PIX.TERMITE.DIRECTORY.PATH.TYPE PICK record: This release includes a new PICK function, PIX.TERMITE.DIRECTORY.PATH.TYPE(Path.Type,Path), in order to distinguish between server and workstation or local path directories.
- Updated answerback string to use an environment variable: For those emulations which support the Answerback feature, the answerback string can optionally be retrieved from an environment variable.
What's New: HostAccess 7.40h
HostAccess 7.40h is a new maintenance release which includes bug fixes as well as the following new features and enhancements:
- Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 support: HostAccess 7.40h is now supported on the Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 platforms.
- Per-session TCP/IP keepalive configuration: HostAccess 7.40h now supports TCP/IP keepalive message configuration on a per-session basis.
- New macro function – PASSKEYSNOCR: The new macro function suspends macro processing until the Enter key is pressed but does not send the associated Carriage Return to the host.
- Extended AiF Sequence – Change Print Device: The Change Print Device AiF sequence has been extended to provide a means of resetting the printer type back to the Windows print manager.