API Gateway - Simplified Security and Management
The Akana API Gateway solution streamlines management, deployment, development and operation of APIs, enhancing security and regulatory compliance through authentication, authorization and audit capabilities. It provides central definition and management of security, routing, orchestration, mediation, auditing, threat protection, and other operational governance policies across multiple instances. The Gateway enables enterprises to standardize API and service delivery with high security, performance and availability.
Orchestration, Mediation and Transformation
- Choose from a wide array of authentication schemes, standards and token types to ensure that only valid users and applications get access
- Integrate with leading identity and access management providers or use the built-in access control system
- Use existing enterprise security systems to create an OAuth authorization server.
- Download our whitepaper Understanding OAuth
- Ensure the privacy of data in flight and at rest (a key requirement for PCI Compliance)
- Support SSL & TLS as well as message-based encryption and decryption using the XML-Encryption standards
- Sign and verify messages and headers to provide non-repudiation
- Simplify key and certificate generation, distribution and management with built-in PKI services
- Download our datasheet API Gateway – Security features
- Prevent Denial of Service (DoS) attacks, malformed messages or excessive XML/JSON depth and breadth.
- Provide a content firewall, protecting against malicious content including protection against viruses in attachments and validation of message content – XML and JSON data structure, form and query parameters.
- Download our white paper API security: A guide to securing your digital channels
Analytics and Monitoring
- Bi-directional protocol transformation - Convert existing SOAP or Plain-old-XML (POX) over MQ or JMS services into RESTful APIs with XML and/or JSON content
- API & Message Routing - Route based on message content, headers, identity and other factors
- Orchestration - Remove operations, aggregate multiple backend APIs or services, perform mediation, or composition - without writing code.
Unified API and SOA
- Real-time system monitoring – Use the Web-based dashboards to get real-time visibility into service and API performance, dependencies, and alert status
- Alert Management – Powerful alert management, monitoring, and distribution. Leverage alerts within compositions to control message routing, enforce SLAs or perform other runtime activities
- Analytics – Dashboards and out-of-the-box reports provide visibility into the performance of APIs and services from different perspectives, including department, partner, application contract, API/service or operation
- Learn more
Deploy in the cloud, or on-premises
- Define and Manage API's- Create APIs with multiple interfaces using different standards including REST/XML, REST/JSON and SOAP with no extra development effort
- Comprehensive Integration with Akana's Lifecycle Manager - Control the service production and consumption process from requirements definition to development
- Contract Management - Manage relationships between service consumers and providers
- Download our white paper API and SOA Convergence
- On-Premise or in the Cloud – You can choose how and where you deploy to best meet the need of your business
- Virtual Appliance – Deploy as a pre-packaged hardened virtual appliance on any infrastructure of your choice
The API Gateway also enables enterprises to rapidly publish their internal services and APIs to a cloud hosted developer community, significantly reducing time and cost to market. Learn more.
Web APIs heighten security exposure for enterprise information assets across the big three of information security: Confidentiality, integrity and reliability. Learn how some large organizations succeed in API security.
With Akana you can quickly build, secure and manage reliable easy-to-use APIs. Get started now by getting a customized demo of the Akana platform.