Please read this Policy carefully before sharing information with us. By using the website on which this Policy is posted, you agree to the terms of this Policy and our use, sharing, and disclosure of information as described below including any revisions to this Policy. If you do not agree with the practices described in this Policy, you may choose not to use this website. In the event of any conflict between this Policy and either (1) a specific contract we have with you, if any; (2) applicable law, the terms of items (1) and (2) will control over this Policy, and this Policy shall be deemed amended to conform to such other items.
Information we may collect about you and how we collect it
We collect two kinds of information, personal information that can be used to identify you, and non-personal information.
In general, you can visit this website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information. There are times, however, when we may gather information from you that you provide voluntarily. The types of personal information we collect about you that can be used to identify you as an individual person including things like your name, address, email address, country of residence, the company you work for, and phone number.
We also collect non-personal information when you use our website, such as information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website, and usage details, and search queries submitted on our website.
We collect personal information directly from you when you provide it to us by, for example, filling out the forms on our website, communicating with us via email, or submitting search queries on the website.
We also may collect non-personal information automatically as you navigate through the site through the use of technology such as cookies, flash cookies, and web beacons. Using this kind of technology, our web servers automatically recognize and collect the domain name and IP address of visitors to our website. This kind of technology may transfer data to your browser that can be read by us as a sort of a non-personal identification card, recording information about your past visits to our website. It also can be combined with personal information. In addition, we collect aggregate information on web page visits.
We do not respond to "do-not-track" signals or other mechanisms that allow users to signal their preferences on the collection of their personal information over time and across third-party websites or online services. This website does not monitor for or adjust any use as the result of "do-not-track" signals.
How we use the information we collect
We may use the information we collect about you, including your personal information, to:
- Present the website and its content to you;
- Provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us and optimize your experience on our website;
- Provide customer support, permit product evaluations, or otherwise manage our relationship with you or your company;
- Notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer;
- Communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone, or mobile device about our products, services, industry issues, and upcoming events;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or website;
- Update and improve our services; and
- Perform other functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose or share your information, including personal information:
- With our subsidiaries and affiliated companies, companies with which we have a strategic relationship;
- With other companies that perform work necessary for Rogue Wave (but only to allow them to provide products and services for us);
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- To a successor, if all or part of our business is sold, merged, dissolved, acquired, reorganized, or subject to a similar transaction; and
- As necessary to comply with a subpoena or similar investigative demand, court order, request for cooperation from law enforcement or other governmental agency, to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims, to protect someone's safety, or as otherwise required by law.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website, request information about products or services, purchase products and services, ask questions, or initiate other transactions on our website. You also can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to accept or reject it. And you can opt out of receiving emails from us by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in any email you receive from us. We also have a preference center to indicate your areas of interest and to control our outreach to you.
How we protect your personal information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, technical, and administrative measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. No system, however, can be completely secure. While we take steps to secure your personal information, we do not promise that your personal information, searches, or other questions will always remain secure. We are not responsible or liable for the illegal acts (such as hacking) by third parties. If you have concerns about the security of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Links to other sites
Our websites may contain links to the sites of other companies. Rogue Wave is not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies before sharing information.
Our website is a general audience site and is not directed at, or intended for use by, children under 13. Accordingly, we do not knowing collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
If you are located outside the United States, you understand and agree that information you provide via one of our websites may be sent to and processed by computers located in the United States.
If there are updates to this Policy, we will post those changes here and update the revision date so you will always know what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have. Continued use of this website after any changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes. Accordingly, we encourage you to check the Policy periodically for updates. Please note that this Policy was changed on February 13, 2018, to better enable customers to understand how personal information is collected, used and shared.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this Policy or our information-handling practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.