2017 is flying by and with it, comes new success stories, tips, and best practices for getting the most out of PHP development.
Zeev Suraski kicks off this 4-part webinar series designed to teach the latest techniques in PHP optimization, application management, and migration, bringing together leaders in the industry to answer your questions. By attending this series, you’ll learn:
- The current PHP landscape and major business drivers
- How to maintain performance in the face of escalating user demands
- Steps and tools to migrate your PHP applications
- Proven best practices to manage your PHP 7 app
All attendees are able to ask questions directly of the presenters or live via Twitter (#AskPHP), and will receive a certificate of completion upon attending all four webinars.
Considering migration? For the second episode, Maurice Kherlakian will answer any of your project-specific questions on PHP migration submitted via a questionnaire provided beforehand.
Episode 1: Scalability, asynchronous processing, and optimization for PHP
August 30 - 12:00 p.m. ET / 10:00 a.m. MT
Presented by: Zeev Suraski
Nothing is faster than a frustrated user clicking away from a slow or unresponsive site. Avoid attrition by learning how to improve performance without having to rearchitect your applications.
- How to create scalable deployments that meet growing user demands
- When and how to take advantage of job queueing to offload time-consuming tasks and improve responsiveness
- Techniques to pinpoint performance bottlenecks in your code and how to eliminate them
Watch this webinar now.
Episode 2: Avoiding PHP migration hiccups
September 13 - 12:00 p.m. ET / 10:00 a.m. MT
Presented by: Maurice Kherlakian, Guido Faecke
By the time you’ve finally decided to kick off your migration, it’s almost always too late—your development team and users are already suffering. Learn the best practices towards planning and executing a successful migration by understanding the step-by-step guidelines provided in this webinar. Also hear a real use case of PHP 7 migration: Guido Faecke, IT project manager at Swift Transportation, explains his team's migration experience and answers your questions.
- How to develop an efficient migration timeline
- Techniques to avoid and recover from problems in migration
- Specific tips on migrating to PHP 7
Watch this webinar now.
Episode 3: Ongoing management of your PHP 7 application
September 27 - 12:00 p.m. ET / 10:00 a.m. MT
Presented by: Jan Burkl
Whether you’re considering migrating to PHP 7 or are already there, you need to know the specifics of how to keep your application running smoothly, efficiently, and with minimum downtime. Take these techniques proven by our customers to make your PHP 7 application shine.
- Security tips and techniques
- How to scale quickly and efficiently
- Tuning best practices
- When and why do-it-yourself fails
Episode 4: PHP industry roundtable
October 11 - 12:00 p.m. ET / 10:00 a.m. MT
Want to know what’s going on with PHP or have questions about your specific environment? Join our panel of experts in an open discussion on the latest in PHP news, technologies, programming practices, and case studies.
- The state of the art in PHP
- The growing impact of PHP 7
- Recent PHP success stories
- Answers to any of your questions, either directly or live via Twitter (#AskPHP)
Sign up once to attend all four interactive sessions and to receive the recorded sessions.