Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) is the dominant distribution used by commercial organizations today. But did you know that there's a functionally-compatible alternative that offers options when it comes to licensing, support, and cost effectiveness? Whether you're thinking about moving away from RHEL or have already made the decision, this webinar gives you the background, proof points, and data to justify why moving to CentOS makes sense.
Tailored for enterprise architects, IT leaders, and anyone considering another Linux distribution, you'll learn:
- Top considerations for selecting an enterprise-grade OS (incl. Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu, and more)
- Why CentOS exists and its relationship to RHEL
- How CentOS compares for functional compatibility, licensing, support, and cost
- The impacts to your existing stack
At the end of this webinar, you will have all the data you need to consider for an enterprise Linux migration activity and reasons why CentOS is a viable, cost-effective solution.
Migrating mission-critical enterprise systems requires careful planning, preparation, and execution—plus a healthy dose of experience. It's one thing to migrate the operating system, it's another to port the application stack, with all its commercial and open source packages, configurations, and connections to the outside environment.
This episode guides your Linux migration strategy using Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS. Along with answering your questions, you`ll learn how to:
- Identify and plan the different aspects of migration (such as install, configuration, staging, and testing)
- Trade off migration risks vs. migration time
- Reduce or eliminate any migration risks (technology, skills, processes)
At the end of this webinar, you will be able to calculate the costs of migration and create a customizable migration roadmap for your organization.
Dive deep into an actual enterprise Linux migration by walking through the planning and execution of the process as seen by our customers. Our enterprise architects will break down the key migration steps to explain the available options, decisions made, and demonstrate actions on a live system.
This episode gives you a representative migration experience before you actually migrate, illustrating:
- Side-by-side comparisons between Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS
- Steps to consider for the operating system
- Steps to consider for common application stacks and packages
At the end of this webinar, you will have gained valuable migration training experience by seeing the experts perform it live.