April 18, 2018
2:00 PM (Local Time / Eastern)
Boston Convention & Exhibition Center
Boston is booming. The area is home to America's second-largest embedded systems market behind Silicon Valley, and Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) Boston unites this thriving hub under one roof through industry education, sourcing, and networking. ESC Boston connects you with even more software developers, hardware engineers, executives, and suppliers across the embedded systems space — so you can find faster, cheaper, and smarter answers to your challenges.
- Presenter: Rod Cope, CTO
- When: Wednesday, April 18th. 2:00 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. Eastern Time
- Location: TBD
- Title: Keep Developers Happy and Lawyers Calm
Abstract: On the path to innovation, development teams fear nothing but try to avoid three things: Re-work, lawyers, and, missing deadlines. In this talk, Rod Cope will discuss what to do when software is not license compliant, to help avoid lawyers getting involved, disrupting schedules and potential architectural or code changes.
The initial step in helping make sure teams are in compliance with open source licenses is education. Attendees can expect to learn:
- How to educate developers and managers on the differences between copyleft and permissive licenses
- The inherent risks associated with non-compliance
- Real examples of how licensing risks are introduced into organizations and their consequences
The goal is to provide concrete steps towards development teams adopting a vested interest in paying attention to what open source they download and how it's used.
Visit the event website for more information and registration.