November 8 - 9, 2017
8:00 AM (Local Time / Central)
Minneapolis Convention Center
Back for its third year, Design & Manufacturing brings you the latest in CAD/CAM software, 3D printing, rapid prototyping, new materials, injection molding, and more. The show is part of the Midwest's largest advanced design and manufacturing event, presenting a full spectrum of products and services supporting the region's booming medical sector — and beyond. Join 5,500 professionals and more than 600 suppliers to experience tomorrow's technologies at the region's most comprehensive industry event.
- Presenter: Rod Cope, CTO
- When: Wednesday, November 8th. 2:15 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. Central Time
- Location: TBD
- Title: Keep developers happy and lawyers calm
Abstract: On the path to innovation, development teams fear nothing but try to avoid three things: Re-work, lawyers, and, missing deadlines. In this talk, Rod Cope will discuss what to do when software is not license compliant, to help avoid lawyers getting involved, disrupting schedules and potential architectural or code changes.
The initial step in helping make sure teams are in compliance with open source licenses is education. Attendees can expect to learn:
- How to educate developers and managers on the differences between copyleft and permissive licenses
- The inherent risks associated with non-compliance
- Real examples of how licensing risks are introduced into organizations and their consequences
The goal is to provide concrete steps towards development teams adopting a vested interest in paying attention to what open source they download and how it's used.
Visit the event website for more information and registration.