Akana Brings Enterprise Class Identity and Access Management to APIs and Apps
Cloud Identity Summit 2015 – 6/8/2015
Extends Akana API Management Identity Integration to Include Ping Identity; Offers Most extensive and complete IAM integration
Akana, a leading provider of API Management, API Security and Cloud Integration solutions, announced today that it is announcing its integration with Ping Identity to provide its API Management and Security solutions to Ping Identity customers. This integration is available now and it is in production at several fortune 1000 customers.
This integration enables customers to seamlessly extend their identity and access management solutions to their APIs, Apps, and developer communities with deep, standard-based integrations between these industry-leading products, which now also includes Ping Identity. Enterprises can now authenticate and authorize access to their APIs using solutions from Oracle, IBM, CA, Microsoft, Ping Identity and other leading IAM providers to provide internet-scale federated identity services via the Akana API Management platform.
“Akana is leading the charge in standards-based federated identity and security, and the integration between Akana API Management solution and leading IAM solutions enables our customers to offer their end-users a truly seamless and secured experience across all their digital channels”, said Roberto Medrano, Executive VP, Akana.
The integration between the Akana and the industries leading IAM solutions uses standards-based interfaces and tokens including OpenID Connect, JWT, and SAML to extend Identity and Access Management identities to the API and App ecosystem.
Specifically this integration enables:
- IAM users to login to the Akana Community Manager Developer Portal
- The Akana API Gateway to authenticate API calls made by Apps used by IAM users
- Resource authorizations to be controlled by the Akana OAuth Server or by IAM via the Akana API Gateway
The Akana platform provides the following capabilities:
- Developer Engagement – an API portal to publish and document APIs and engage developers.
- API Gateway – a high-performance, secure API Gateway that combines the mediation, orchestration, and connectivity capabilities of a lightweight ESB with the performance and security of a traditional proxy style Gateway.
- Lifecycle Management – enables enterprises to effectively collaborate between business, developers and IT operations, resulting in rapid development and deployment cycles while increasing reliability, stability and availability of their APIs and supporting assets.
- Analytics – a flexible analytics platform that provides dashboards for business analytics, service level analytics and operational analytics.
About Rogue Wave Software
Rogue Wave provides software development tools for mission-critical applications. Our trusted solutions address the growing complexity of building great software and accelerates the value gained from code across the enterprise. The Rogue Wave portfolio of complementary, cross-platform tools helps developers quickly build applications for strategic software initiatives. With Rogue Wave, customers improve software quality and ensure code integrity, while shortening development cycle times.