Rogue Wave Announces SourcePro C++ 12.5 Release
Rogue Wave Software, the largest independent provider of cross-platform software development tools and embedded components for the next generation of HPC applications, announced the release of a new version of SourcePro®, the most complete enterprise C++ development platform.
SourcePro C++ 12.5 contains several updates for continued reliability of applications based on SourcePro libraries. The main updates to SourcePro 12.5 include verification of updated third-party libraries such as OpenSSL™, database vendor drivers, and certification of updated platform combinations (Windows Server® 2012 with Oracle® 11g and Red Hat® 6.4). Additionally, SourcePro 12.5 includes improvements to existing functionality, providing performance and efficiency enhancements, as well as various bug fixes. The release of SourcePro 12.5 continues Rogue Wave's tradition of delivering improved functionality and better performance for enterprise C++ applications.
- SourcePro Core:
- More efficient stream representations
- Virtual stream iterators and C++ 11 compliant iterators
- Improved functors and atomics
- SourcePro Net:
- Secure FTP (FTPS)
- SourcePro DB:
- Metadata caching for performance
- Column constraints API
The updated platform support for SourcePro 12.5:
- Red Hat 6.4
- International Components for Unicode version updated to ICU 50.1.2
- Support for Visual Studio® 2012.2 on Windows®
- Oracle support for upgrade 22.214.171.124
- Oracle 126.96.36.199 support for Red Hat 5, SuSE 11, Oracle® Solaris 10, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows XP
- DB2® 9.7 support for upgrade FP7
- DB2 9.7 support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
- DB2 10.1 support for AIX® 7.1, Red Hat 5 and 6, SuSE 11, Oracle Solaris 10 and 11, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012
- Sybase® 15.7 support on Oracle Solaris 11, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012
- MySQL® support on Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
“Helping developers build and migrate enduring applications for decades, SourcePro continues to stand the test of time,” stated Scott Lasica, VP of Product Management & Marketing. “SourcePro is a product that many leading companies rely on for their core applications and Rogue Wave is committed to continuing to provide relevant and valuable updates.”
SourcePro enables developers to more quickly migrate applications from tools.h++, Oracle Solaris rwtools library, and the HP® HP-UX® rwtools library. While many older applications continue to run smoothly on Rogue Wave's tools.h++ library, these applications can also be easily migrated to current versions of SourcePro, allowing valuable applications to take advantage of new hardware. Developers migrating from Oracle Solaris to Linux™, may need to replace the Oracle Solaris rwtools library, which has an interface that very closely matches SourcePro's.
Rogue Wave's SourcePro is a complete set of cross-platform, C++ development components, including tools and libraries for database, networked, and Internet-enabled applications. SourcePro reduces time to market, increases reliability, and prolongs application life.
Customers who wish to upgrade to this new version, should request a license from firstname.lastname@example.org. While we process your request, you may download the installation media for your specific platform by going to http://www.roguewave.com/landing/sourcepro-12.5-download.aspx. If you would prefer to try out or test with this version before upgrading, we have also included a directory on the ftp server that contains the pre-built evaluation version along with a 30-day evaluation key.