Rogue Wave Software Acquires ILOG Visualization C++ Products from IBM
Strengthens Portfolio with High Performance Data Connectivity and Visualization Tools
Rogue Wave Software announced today that it finalized an agreement to acquire IBM's ILOG Visualization for C++ Products. For Rogue Wave customers, this acquisition adds high-performance data visualization capabilities to the company's existing portfolio of cross-platform, HPC development tools and embedded components. In parallel, existing ILOG customers can be assured that their products will continue to be developed and supported by a company with specific expertise and dedication to high-performance development in C++.
Since its inception in 1989, Rogue Wave, and its product SourcePro C++, has been recognized as the leader in C++ tools. These tools have always been used by their customers to build mission-critical, high-performance applications. Leveraging this position, the company made strategic acquisitions that expanded its capability to support customers building data-intensive applications deployed on parallel architectures. With this acquisition, Rogue Wave extends its customers' current ability to develop highly-portable, high-performance, data-intensive applications, with the ability to build exceptionally sophisticated data visualizations.
Prior to this acquisition, the flagship products in Rogue Wave's portfolio included:
- The original SourcePro C++ product line;
- TotalView debugger to allow developers to more easily create high-quality parallel code;
- ThreadSpotter for performance optimization, and
- IMSL Numerical Libraries for high-speed, mathematical and statistical computations.
“I'm pleased to welcome the ILOG Visualization for C++ products to the Rogue Wave family,” said Brian Pierce, CEO of Rogue Wave Software. “Rogue Wave's long-standing expertise in C++ will ensure that the developers using these products will have the support they need, as they continue to build and enhance their mission-critical applications.”
The Rogue Wave Visualization for C++ product family offers a powerful cross-platform environment for rapid development of highly visual, massively distributed applications. It includes:
- A powerful GUI builder with a rich set of common UI controls (such as buttons, sliders, text fields, trees and spread sheets);
- Data-aware controls with point-and-click connectivity to common data sources;
- An abstraction layer for C++ access to a wide range of object and relational database management systems;
- High-performance data visualization components that render charts, graphs and maps at exceptionally high-speed, allowing developers to build highly interactive and intuitive data visualizations;
- A highly scalable framework for synchronizing the data flow among hundreds of highly graphical, data-intensive, distributed and cooperating user interface clients.
About Rogue Wave Software
Rogue Wave helps thousands of global enterprise customers tackle the hardest and most complex issues in building, connecting, and securing applications. Since 1989, our platforms, tools, components, and support have been used across financial services, technology, healthcare, government, entertainment, and manufacturing, to deliver value and reduce risk. From API management, web and mobile, embeddable analytics, static and dynamic analysis to open source support, we have the software essentials to innovate with confidence.