May 16 - 18, 2017
9:00 AM (Local Time / Eastern)
InterContinental Miami | Miami, Florida
ApacheCon ties together the open source community to help developers collaborate and gain knowledge on the open source projects driving the future: web technologies and cloud computing. At this conference, attendees will learn time content and gain insight on current innovation such as: Apache Big Data, TomcatCon, microfinances, and cryptography. Join ApacheCon in the exchange of intelligence regarding open source from network to network.
- Presenter: John Saboe, enterprise architect
- When: Thursday, May 18, 4:40 P.M. (Eastern Time)
- Title: The forgotten route: Making Apache Camel work for you
Apache Camel is eight years old, and some say it's effectiveness as the glue between components has diminished. "Our open source experts say, "Not so!"
This is a classic example of older technology not being used to its fullest in favor of the latest and greatest. By walking through little known configuration and optimization tricks to get data flowing reliably and efficiently - even for today's complexity and scale - this session proves that older technology is often still the best solution. This session covers:
- Camel basics, understanding exchanges, routes, and how to implement enterprise integration patterns (EIP) with them
- Examples of real implementations of common EIPs like content-based routers and recipient lists
- Integration of Camel with common endpoints, like JMS, FTP, and HTTP