When it comes to planning, automating, and proving your software testing for mission-critical systems, how do you stack up? From industrial automation to in-home smart devices, successful products aren't just a matter of getting quality right, it’s essential to provide security, minimize risk of failure, maximize uptime, and patch quickly when things do go wrong.
Join this exclusive series of live, interactive webinars to learn how static code analysis – proven effective in mission- and safety-critical industries such as automotive and aerospace – is used to overcome the top testing problems today. Starting with a brief discussion on industry trends and best practices for testing software that’s vital to the organization, the series then covers static analysis technology, real use cases, and confronts the hidden activities in development that add up to big costs. You will learn:
- How automation fills in the testing gaps and accelerates security, compliance, and reliability testing
- What static code analysis is and how it helps teams create better code
- How to avoid the “hidden costs” of development, such as manual hand-offs, error-prone tasks, and the lack of actionable data
Episode 1: How to achieve security, reliability, and productivity in less time
January 25, 2017 / 11:00 a.m. MT / 1:00 p.m. ET
This introductory session lays the foundation for boosting the effectiveness of mission-critical systems testing by covering industry best practices for code security, software reliability, and team productivity. For each area, you will learn how to mitigate the top issues by seeing real examples and understanding the tools and techniques to overcome them. This includes:
- The value of different testing methods
- The importance of standards compliance
- Understanding how DevOps and continuous integration fit in
Episode 2: Static analysis works for mission-critical systems, why not yours?
February 8th, 2017 / 11:00 a.m. MT / 1:00 p.m. ET
Take a deep dive into the world of static code analysis (SCA) by immersing yourself into different analysis techniques, examples of the problems they find, and learning how SCA fits into various types of environments, from the developer desktop to the QA team. The goal is to provide a solid foundation for you to make the best decision for testing technology and process selection, including:
- Types of defects found by SCA
- Typical myths and barriers to adoption
- How SCA aligns to different testing maturity levels
Episode 3: What if you could eliminate the hidden costs of development?
February 22nd, 2017 / 11:00 a.m. MT / 1:00 p.m. ET
This final episode takes what you have learned about testing and static code analysis to uncover the hidden costs of development that we all know about, but rarely confront. Error-prone tasks, lack of actionable data, waiting for resources, and unaccounted “bug fix crowdsourcing” are just a few of the sources for latency in software projects. Understand how to eliminate these costs by learning:
- How your peers are doing via industry research
- Examples of each type of hidden cost
- What you can do to get ahead
Sign up once to attend all three interactive sessions and to receive the recorded sessions.